It is difficult to give a generic job description here but I have 2 job descriptions on our site , links below,
Sam Walpole, Ask The Expert
Template Financial Controller Job Description Profile
To lead the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities accross the group of companies and to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances.
• Using a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control.
• To develop and control a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
• Act as the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information.
• Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that group policies are followed.
• Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
• Draft statutory accounts for the group of companies.
Skills / Attributes Required
• Fully qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Previous experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control across a group of companies.
• Sound and up to date knowledge of UKGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Experience of managing staff within the Accounts department.
• Excellent Excel modelling skills.
£45,000 to £50,000 plus Pension and 25 days holiday